I don’t usually make resolutions, but I am in my 40th year on this earth and for some reason they’ve tumbled through my brain for days now. They all come down to happiness, comfort and contentment.
- Update my new webpage, at least weekly, with real content and not just vanity posts.
- Prioritize my health, Tom and I both plan on cutting down significantly on meat, and I will continue to keep dairy to a minimum (but if you place a cheese plate in front of my face, all bets are off!) The focus for me is not on losing weight, but keeping my blood disorder in check. Weight loss would be a bonus.
- Evaluate my relationships, cut ties with those who don’t give anything positive to my world, revel in those who do.
- Send more snail mail. I have a couple of friends (Nicole and Marcella, I’m talking about you!) who send cards and notes when they appreciate something I’ve done, or invited them to. It makes me so happy to receive these and I’d like to pass that good feeling on to the people in my life that I care about.
- Keep in touch. This is hard for me. I had a mother who cut ties with her family (for legitimately good reasons) and so I had very little contact with family. She didn’t encourage closeness and would often run away from people rather than attempt to work things out. Children watch and learn. I did my share of running throughout my life and didn’t really settle down until Tom came around. He had the complete opposite kind of upbringing so I’ve learned much from him but I still have trouble opening up to and being close to friends, so I rarely initiate contact.
- Be happy, make others happy! Commit to random acts of kindness! Send a card, just because! Call or text, because I was thinking about you! Comment on someone’s pretty dress, or new haircut, or great smile, because you noticed! – because it would make me happy if someone did that for me.
- Take more pictures, make more crafts, be creative! Leave my mark but never at the expense of others.
These are mine….what are yours?